* AVG Email Scanner - checks your incoming and outgoing email for viruses.
* AVG Resident Shield - checks for viruses as files are opened, executed and saved and will prevent you from opening or running an infected file.
* AVG Virus Vault - a place where infected files are isolated so they cannot cause damage to your system.
* AVG Control Center - provides information about the actual status of the AVG components, and allows you to access and modify their settings.
* Scheduler - allows you to schedule tests and updates.
* Update Manager - allows you to specify update parameters, i.e. configuration of the update files downloading process.